Senior Business Systems Analyst- CX
Aramark is Currently Hiring for a Sr. Business Systems Analyst
As a Senior Business Systems Analyst, the individual in this role is expected to play a lead role in strategy, analysis, design, testing, and implementation of Aramark online platforms. The candidate will be a critical contributor to strategic initiatives like the creation of a new Customer Portal, business sites and B2B/B2C eCommerce solutions.
In this position s/he will participate in the evaluation and design of the strategic roadmaps to support the proposed and/or legacy systems as well as business plans. The role will be responsible to analyze requirements, design, develop and implement new solutions aligned with the plans the team created.
This role is highly cross-functional, and works closely with our internal Rental Operation, Direct Sales, IT, Marketing teams and external third-party vendors. The candidate must be able to work autonomously and have a solid understanding of process analysis, requirements gathering, systems design, Agile, DevOps and web-based solutions.
This location requires all individuals working on site to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Aramark does not provide visa or other sponsorship for this position
Essential Job Tasks and Activities
Typical tasks and activities for this job include but are not limited to the items listed below. Additional duties may be assigned from time to time as needed by management.
- Define, design and improve new packaged and/or custom-built online customer facing applications
- Key stakeholder, committed to communicating product vision, business goals and voice-of-the-customer to development and design teams
- Understand current state systems and business processes to become the subject matter expert for assigned areas, and adapt those processes to the desired future state where needed
- Develop and present conceptual and functional models along with cross-functional process and system dependencies
- Drive user training, documentation and post-implementation turnover to business and support personnel
- Effectively demonstrate functionality to Stakeholders & Product owners to ensure business vision was implemented
- Support team members in cross-functional tasks such as QA, UAT and defect triage
- Own the quality decision to move features from Test to a state for business approval
- Lead the Product team through the SDLC
- Maintain consistent communication with internal and external business partners and customers
- Partner with internal stakeholders to continuously prioritize a 2-3-month product backlog
- Facilitate, defend, and communicate user stories to development team
- In collaboration with business, assess, identify, and seek out key technology(ies) or systems needed to augment and enhance efficiencies for the business
- Recommends system solutions by comparing custom development and possible purchased alternatives
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools
- Cross train as back-ups for other BSAs in the case of emergencies
- Bring a sense of innovation to the business and IT teams
Business Systems Analysis
- Lead requirements workshops and meetings, facilitating cross-departmental initiatives
- Lead the design of user stories, product backlog and functional requirements documents and analyze the gaps between existing capabilities and proposed solution
- Complete business applications analysis by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms
- Coordinate with IT development staff to review and validate requirements and evaluate technical feasibilities
- Coordinate with clients, marketing, product management and design/UX staff to review and validate customer and brand experience requirements
- Analyze and troubleshoot existing processes and procedures with designated technology and technology systems
- Communicate proactively with the business on status of technology issues and verify acceptable solutions
- Participate in user acceptance testing and testing of new system functionality identifying key issues in need of resolution
- Assist in documenting solutions and new business processes as needed
- Provide change management assistance and application support for identified solution(s)
- Monitor, audit, and review business use and adoption of system and or technology solutions. Offer consultative insight on how to transition to new systems and address utilization issues in a timely and proactive manner
- Assist in enrichment and enhancement of company’s change approaches and methodology, based on current past working results
- Offer timely and insightful suggestions on team operating efficiencies and approaches that offer optimal outcomes to the team and business users. Seek out optimal efficiencies in BSA work for self and team
- Provides last line of defense in the enforcement of technical change control policies
- Attends meetings as required to engage in education and participate in communication
- Assist in training of new processes and/or software as needed
- Provide rotating on-call support 24x7
- Collaboratively support IT associates, clients, and vendors to provide timely and dedicated support and problem resolution to assigned suite of applications
- Comply with trouble ticketing system SLAs and Change Management processes to track all activities associated with performing support duties
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation on configurations, software revisions, hardware configurations, and patch management information
- Stay abreast of advances in assigned application and associated processes and in designated areas of system management or associated business discipline (i.e. I.T. in general, ERPs Systems and/or Oracle)
- Foster a collaborative team environment, actively shares knowledge with fellow team members and follows the guidelines and standards set forth by the department
- Participate in a lead role, overseeing and on occasion managing the on-shore and/or off-shore consulting practices and development efforts
- Work closely with leadership to prioritize and implement continuous improvement of the complete customer experience
- Apply concepts and learning(s) from development programs to ensure information systems goals are met. Consistently seek the long-term development as an IT professional
- Demonstrate and develop in the competencies aligned with the job
- Steadfastly uphold and adhere to company values of integrity, respect, responsibility, and trust
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability(ies) required by all to perform this job to established standards.
- This position will not have any direct supervisory responsibility although the job will require the ability to meet project deliverables through others.
Team and Work Orientation
- This position will be expected to work with various individuals and teams at a local office, remotely, and with branch/field locations teams to collaboratively support, develop, and execute IT standards.
- Will work with select outside vendors to achieve some project goals and business outcomes.
- This position will have an assigned workplace and be expected to work in an office environment.
- Remote, telecommute work situation is possible for this function.
- Infrequent visits to production floor will be required.
- Production floor with loud noises, heat, and hazardous equipment in use.
- Less than ten percent of this job will require local or national travel.
The expectation is that the work week for this position is not tied to any number of hours, but rather is based on overseeing the operation during normal business hours of a laundry rental business. As such, additional hours may be necessary to complete required duties (for example, additional hours may include being accessible during non-operating hours, being available on-premise during non-operating hours or being available to work on weekends or holidays).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS) or related field
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in the full SDLC of online applications and multi-channel customer experiences including planning, analysis, design, documentation, QA/testing, training, and maintenance
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in discovery facilitation and/or consulting
- Previous experience writing requirements within Behavior-Driven Development framework
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in Online Customer Experience (Business Sites, Customer Portals, B2B and/or B2B2C ecommerce business practices)
- 4+ years of leadership experience within project team
- Experience in and with distributed teams
- Experience in working with contract labor and offshore resources
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating with stakeholders and business process owners
- Experience with creation and maintenance of functional specifications and user experience models
- Strong experience in SDLC activities for web technologies and a strong history of successful implementations in this space
- Deep understanding of web technologies and issues that arise around implementation
- Strong experience with Agile project management methodologies (Kanban, Scrum, XP, etc.) and tools (Jira, Confluence, other)
- Experience with change control processes, code migration and management tools (ITG, TFS, Git, etc.)
- Experience with ERP Systems (Oracle, SAP, other)
- Experience with the design and implementation of integration components & web services
- An inquisitive and curious nature that drives you down a path of discovery
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
Preferred Education Experience
- Agile framework certifications are a plus
- Experience with SAP Commerce Cloud
- Experience with route accounting applications
- Experience with Pardot and SalesForce.com
- Experience with ERP software.
- Experience with Microsoft DevOps
Potential candidates for this job will be sought that have best mix of capability and/or proficiency with the following key skills that have been determined important for success in this job.
Typical knowledge sets for this job include (but are not limited to); Software Development Life Cycle, Project Management, Computers and Electronics, Software Design and Quality Assurance.
Typical skilled activities involved with this job include, but are not limited to:
Interacting with Computers, Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events, Making Decisions and Solving Problems, Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge, Processing Information Analyzing Data or Information and Organizing, Planning, Confidentiality, and Prioritizing Work
Typical communication and interpersonal skills for this position include, but are not limited to:
Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates, Information Ordering, Deductive Reasoning, Inductive Reasoning, Oral Communications, Written Communications, and Problem Sensitivity
Typical analysis and cognitive skills for this position include, but are not limited to: Critical Thinking, Systems Analysis, Complex Problem Solving, Judgment and Decision Making, Systems Evaluation, Active Listening and Operations Monitoring
Computer / Technical Skills:
Typical technical skills used in this position typically include
Agile and Waterfall project management tools — Microsoft Project
Design tools such as Microsoft Visio
Productivity tools such as Microsoft Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
SAP Commerce Cloud and Oracle Cloud as the platforms for the online presence
Pardot (SFDC module) as the Marketing Automation platform
Database user interface and query software — Microsoft Access, SQL
Aramark does not provide visa or other sponsorship for this position.
This location requires all individuals working on site to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)